Friday 26 April 2013

Cardamom Biscotti

I took this recipe from Isha Recipes. The original recipe was Almond Caradamom Biscotti. Though I read a lot of blogs and recipes, there are very few recipes that call out to me and force me to try them immediately. This was one of it on a beautiful Friday evening.

I was lazy to soak, blanch and roast the almonds but too eager to test out the recipe. I excluded the almonds and did a Cardamom biscotti


Cardamom Biscotti
Ingredients:

  • 2 cups flour
  • 1.5 tsp baking powder
  • a pinch of salt
  • 1 tbs orange zest
  • 1 stick or a 1/2 a cup of melted butter
  • 2 tbsp flax seed powder
  • 2 tsp vanilla essence
  • 3/4 - 1 cup sugar (depending on the sweetness, the sugar I get in Guatemala is not very sweet, so I added 1 cup)
  • 2 tsp cardamom powder
Method:
In a bowl mix together, flour, baking powder, salt and sugar and cardamom powder.
Melt butter for 30 seconds and add it to flax seed powder, vanilla essence and orange zest.
Add butter mixture to flour mixture.
Knead them well. Shape dough to a long rectangular shape. I leveled and shaped with a flat cup at home.

Bake in 325F for 15 minutes.
Take it out. The top should be firm. Let it cool and  make diagonal cuts.

Separate them and place them again in the baking sheet and bake for 10 more minutes until golden brown and crispy.


These biscotti's taste heavenly when dunked in almond tea.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a bunch for stopping by My Magical Kitchen!!!! Appreciate your valuable comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Translate