Thursday 9 April 2015

Gallo Pinto Rice



The biggest fear that I have while I travel is food. We had gone on a vacation to Costarica last December. The most eco - friendly country of the world did not disappoint me at all in terms of food given the fact as to how choosy I am with food. Gallo Pinto rice is served during breakfast and dinner throughout Costarica.
Since it was an adventurous trip with canopies, tarzan jump, river rafting and hiking, I gobbled up as much as I can during the breakfast and it gave me the necessary energy to stay fit till my next meal.
Anything other than bread is good for me!!

Ingredients
Fine grain rice - cooked 1 cup
Black beans - soaked and cooked - 1/2 cup
Green chilly or Jalapeño chilly (finely chopped) - 1 or two nos.
Tomato - 1 finely chopped
Oil - 1 tbsp
Onion  -  1 cup finely chopped optional
Garlic - a few pods
Cilantro - to garnish

Method
  • Heat a pan with oil, add the onion, garlic and saute for a while
  • Add the chillies and tomato and saute well.
  • Add the beans with water and add the cooked rice and give it a stir
  • The rice will get a beautiful coating of brown from the beans 
  • Add salt, Garnish with cilantro and serve with lime
Enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a bunch for stopping by My Magical Kitchen!!!! Appreciate your valuable comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Translate