Thursday 12 March 2015

Badam Burfi

I love cooking for large gatherings and pot luck meals.  Since I love to cook, I always opt for very special dishes that I can enjoy cooking and serve them to my dear friends and family.
My joy knew no bounds when I was allotted to cook a sweet dish for the upcoming Holi party at the Indian Embassy.




The recipe given below will yield about 30 - 35 pieces

Ingredients - Almonds - 2 cups, Sugar - 4 cups, Safron - a pinch, cardamom - 2 tsp.

Method : 
Soak the almonds in hot water and blanch the skin, Rinse the almonds once or twice and grind them to a smooth paste. 
Add sugar to the paste and keep stirring in a medium flame until the mixture thickens. 
Add saffron, cardamom, 3 tbsp of ghee and keep stirring to form a lump and leave the sides of the pan.
Pour the mixture into a greased tray and cut into pieces. 

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a bunch for stopping by My Magical Kitchen!!!! Appreciate your valuable comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Translate