Friday 7 June 2013

Eggless Sugar Cookies





There are some moments with your children that you feel absolutely proud. It is end of the year in my daughter's school. She wanted to gift some goodie bags for the bus monitor, the bus driver and also the helper in her class who have taken care of her throughout the school year.
I was so touched when she told me this.
In this mad, mean world, I just want my children to be compassionate and truthful human beings whatever the circumstances may be. So far they have been walking in the right direction.

This week flew past in a wink. I went through a lot of recipes to make these sugar cookies and finally tweaked here and there and came up with this recipe. These just melt in the mouth and taste great as it is and do not really need any decorations. The recipe will give out about 40 - 50 small sized heart shaped cookies, or 30 small round cookies.
Give a bag of these to someone who has lost their smile and keeps a  long face all the time. They are sure to smile!!!

Ingredients:

  • 2 1/4 cups flour
  • Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
  • Cream - 2 tbsp ( I used whipping cream since that's what I had in the pantry)
  • Vanilla essence - 1 tbsp
  • salt - a pinch
  • melted Butter or margarine - 1 cup
Method:
  • Cream the sugar and butter till fluffy
  • Add in the dry ingredients, cream and vanilla essence
  • Knead into a soft cookie dough
  • Allow it to rest in the fridge for an hour
  • Take the dough out and roll them thick and flat.
  • Using a cookie cutter, cut out the cookies.
  • Bake them in a preheated oven for 15 minutes at 350F
  • Allow the cookies to cool completely and frost the cookies.
Frosting the cookies:

I am still a learner in decorating the cookies.
I mixed icing sugar, vanilla essence and milk to a thick paste.
Using a piping bag, I frosted the cookies and put some sprinkles on them when still moist.


Allow all the frosted cookies to dry before storing them.


Enjoy!!!



Picture Illustrations




2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog as much as checking out the recipes. :) Your words are very inspiring. Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Anonymous10 June 2013 21:54
      Thank u so much Lucia for taking time to read the blog. Pls come soon to guate. Want to invite you to our place for some good food and fun

      Delete

Thanks a bunch for stopping by My Magical Kitchen!!!! Appreciate your valuable comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Translate