Wednesday 28 January 2015

Paal Poli


Paal Poli is a very traditional dessert of Tamilnadu.  I made this for weekend tiffin and my entire family relished this dish. 


Ingredients 
Maida - 2 cups
Sooji - 3 tbsp
Pista, safrron and other nuts to garnish
Milk - 1.5 litres
Sugar - 1.5 cups
Cardamom - 1 tsp
Oil to fry

Method
  • Make a dough with maida, shoji and a pinch of salt with enough water.
  • Make small puris and spread little oil over them
  • Fold the puris into triangle (just as you would do for parathas) and roll them again in the shape of a triangle
  • Deep fry in hot oil
  • I like my puris crisp, so I fried them till crisp.
  • Boil milk in a medium flame till reduced to half and mix in the sugar and boil again
  • Add the cardamom 
  • Pour the milk on the puris arranged in a big plate and garnish with nuts and saffron.
  • You could either serve cold or hot (My family prefers it hot)
Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a bunch for stopping by My Magical Kitchen!!!! Appreciate your valuable comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Translate