Wednesday 22 May 2013

Red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting

Can you believe they are eggless???



Ingredients:
















Some days here really depress me. Today was one of those days. How do you feel when the world corners you for no reason. I felt that today. That is a long story. There is no value for truth  in this world. How do you feel, when you have friends but you don't have anyone when you need them the most. I felt that today.

Living in a place where the language is different (I consider English as good as my mother tongue), the culture , the food and everything is different is thrilling and also challenging. There are a handful of Indians here and so even conversing with a wall is as good as conversing with them. It is like on BIG joint family living here. Every other Indian knows you here since the community is small. You can rub shoulders with the ambassador of India, get invited to their place for bureaucratic dinners and you feel so special and honored at those times because in other big countries it is impossible where the Indian community is large.

There are some cons living here as well. I know it is stupid, but it will bother you when some of the friends have secret parties without you and update them in the social network. You start to wonder if you are unworthy or not so cool to get their friendships. Though I rub it off and carry on with my work and try to keep myself busy, it bogs me down especially on those days when my husband is not around and I have no one to share.

The 'kriyas' and my meditation help me to an extent to live in this bothersome world.  To add to that, My husband who is not only my friend, but also plays my dear father, brother, boss (you name it, is not here). He is travelling for work and will be back this weekend. 

Today was a day which was so depressing and these beauties pepped my day up. They turned out so well and I packed a few to my son's guitar master who comes home to teach.
  • 1.5 cups of flour
  • 1 tbsp vinegar
  • Sugar - 3/4 cup
  • 1 cup curd
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tbsp vanilla essence
  • red colour essence - 1tbsp
  • 1 tbsp - cocoa powder

Method:
  • Mix in all the flour,cocoa,baking soda.
  • In another bowl whisk together curd, butter and sugar till creamy. 
  • Add flour,vanilla essence,vinegar and red colour to the above mixture.
  • Fold it well and pour them into cupcake molds
  • Bake the cupcakes for about 20 minutes in 350F

Cream cheese Frosting:
  • Cream cheese - 1/2 cup
  • Icing sugar - 2 cups
  • Whipping Cream - 2 tbsp
  • Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
Beat all the above till smooth and creamy. Frost the cake with swirls after the cake has cooled completely.


The beet red color insides of the cake


Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a bunch for stopping by My Magical Kitchen!!!! Appreciate your valuable comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Translate