Sunday 26 May 2013

Home-made Paneer or Cottage Cheese

Don't say Cheese!!!! Scream Paneeeeeeeeeer... It works better when you got to freeze a smile for your beautiful pictures.
Lets be Desi even in such matters you see.

My son Rishi loves Paneer.  Ever since we moved here,it was not easy for me to make his favourite paneer dishes as and when he asked for them. I started making home-made paneer specially for him. I have tried  using paneer maker, but I consider it to be a total waste. I swear by the traditional method.
Vinegar works as the best curdling agent to break the milk and obtain a soft paneer. I have tried with lemon but hate the lemony flavour in the paneer even after multiple washes with water. I have tried with curd too, but I feel it makes the paneer hard.











To get this melt-in-the mouth Delhi like paneer follow these instructions.

Ingredients:

Milk - a liter
White vinegar - 2 tablespoons
Cheese cloth or muslin cloth.

This is all you need to make the best paneer.


Method:

Boil the milk in a thick bottomed vessel.

When the milk is just about to boil add in the 2 tablespoons of vinegar.

When you see all the milk breaking up and separating, switch off.

You have to be quick now. Transfer to a cheese cloth so that the whey water gets separated.

Now pull out the cheese cloth with the paneer tied up in your hands and run it cold water.
This process makes your paneer not become harder.

Squeeze out all the water from the paneer with your hands twisting around the cheese cloth.

Open up the cloth now and shape the paneer into a square with your hands.

Cover the cheesecloth and place a heavy weight over it for an hour or tow. This is very important if you have to get a firm paneer that does not crumble. You can see I kept a vessel of water.

Transfer to refreigerator for a few minutes before you cut them into pieces.

Picture Illustrations







Enjoy!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a bunch for stopping by My Magical Kitchen!!!! Appreciate your valuable comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Translate