Sunday 24 November 2013

Strawberry Jam

I always had confusion in differentiating a jelly, jam and a fruit preserve. After googling a whole lot of recipes, came to understand that jelly is made from fruit juice, a jam from the mashed fruit pulp and a fruit preserve from chunks of fruits.




I found this super easy recipe for strawberry jam from Allrecipes.com,   http://allrecipes.com/recipe/strawberry-jam/and the greatness of this recipe is that it did not call for pectin as other jam recipes. I could not find fruit pectin in any of the stores here and so I opted for this recipe since I did not want to make large quantities of jam. I did not do the jam processing with a hot bath since I made it for immediate use.
I got a very soft, delicious, spreadable jam.

Ingredients
Strawberries - 1 pound
Sugar - 2 cups
Lemon Juice - 2 tbsp

Method

  • Mash the strawberries in a food processor
  • Cook them on medium flame with the sugar.
  • Once it thickens bring it to a rolling boil and add the lemon juice.
  • Cook for a few more minutes till you see a jam like consistency.

Store in air tight bottles and refrigerate.

Enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a bunch for stopping by My Magical Kitchen!!!! Appreciate your valuable comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Translate